Tetra Tech ES, Inc. (Tetra Tech) is implementing a U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) project to promote the use of Energy Management Systems (EMS) for industries and public or private commercial buildings in the Balkans, with the objective of improving energy measurement, reducing energy consumption, increasing energy efficiency and optimizing production processes.
In partnership with Honeywell, Tetra Tech is building a network of qualified engineers in Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, North Macedonia and Serbia with capabilities to design and install field measurement meters and process controls, in order to expand the market for EMS. Tetra Tech and Honeywell invite you to participate in a cost-shared training program designed to enhance your skills for design and implementation of Honeywell EMS systems.
Two training options will be offered, each consisting of multiple phases. Training Option A is targeted to qualified engineers for the design and implementation of Honeywell field instrumentation. Training Option B is targeted towards more experienced engineers and focuses on software integration. Option B requires at least 10 years of experience in process controls and automation, in addition to the other requirements listed. Training options are described below.
Training Option A (location + dates)
1. Introductory Honeywell EMS Training held virtually, August 11-12, 2020
2. ControlEdge: Fundamentals – PLC (with Experion PKS Integration) Implementation (10% cost-share) held virtually, September 7-8, 2020
3. Hands-On Honeywell Installation Training, Site TBC, 3-4 days TBC
Training Option B (location + dates)
1. Introductory Honeywell EMS Training, held virtually, August 11-12, 2020
2. ControlEdge: Fundamentals – PLC (with Experion PKS Integration) Implementation (10% cost-share) *not required but highly recommended, held virtually September 7-8, 2020
3. Experion PKS: Fundamentals – Configuration, Graphics Building and Control Strategy Implementation (10% cost-share), held in Brussels, Belgium or virtually (TBC), October 19-30, 2020
4. Hands-On Honeywell Installation Training, Site TBC, 3-4 days TBC
Qualifications and Skills
All trainees are expected to be engineers with the following characteristics:
- A minimum 5 years of experience and proven track record working in process automation, process measurement, software engineering, hardware technologies, building automation and data integration
- At least 2 references of projects in the areas of control systems and/or process measurement in the last 3 years
- Experience in implementation of DCS is a plus
- Strong critical-thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in native language and in English
- Ability to troubleshoot software and hardware issues
USAID will cover 90% of tuition costs. Selected participants will be expected to cover the remaining 10%, as well as any associated travel costs (airfare, lodging, per diem and transportation). Cost-share details can be found in the application form.
Tetra Tech now invites qualified engineers to apply to this training program by submitting an application (HERE), resume/CV (in English) and company profile to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 10, 2020. The number of training spots is limited. Only selected candidates will be contacted for a brief interview.
Source: Tetra Tech